Preparation for Specimen Collection
All specimens must be labeled with:
- The patient’s name
- Date of birth
- Date of collection
- Collector’s initials (If done by a medical professional)
NCF Diagnostics & DNA Technologies
12076 Technology Ave, Alachua, FL 32615
Packaging and shipping:
- Place the labeled transport tube into the clear specimen bag.
- Place the completed and physician-signed test requisition form, a copy of the insurance card (FRONT and BACK), and any medical notes in the outer sleeve of the clear specimen bag.
- Close the clear transport specimen bag tightly and place it in the pre-addressed/pre-paid envelope.
- Mail the pre-addressed/pre-paid envelope
**IF AN INSUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF GENETIC MATERIAL WAS COLLECTED**
- NCF DNA will contact your facility through a phone call, a faxed policy letter, and through the Eden portal to request a new patient sample.
- If we do not receive a new sample, your sample will be suspended from further processing and there will be no additional billing from NCF DNA.
**SPECIAL ATTENTION (FRIDAY SHIPMENTS)**
When mailing Friday shipments, please use Friday shipment only return labels that are marked for Saturday delivery. If you do not use these labels, the sample will not arrive at the lab until Monday if they are shipped from your location on Friday. If you do not have these labels, please call us to request them.